Saturday, 10 September 2016

SOLUTIONS for Cryptic Clues Type “C” – CC 36 to CC 40

SOLUTIONS for Cryptic Clues Type “C” – CC 36 to CC 40

CC 36: Part of body or strip of water? (3) ARM
CC 37: Legal draft of an account statement (4) BILL
CC 38: Plank placed to help one get into a vehicle (5) BOARD
CC 39: Sounding out a strong urge (7) CALLING
CC 40: Alluvial area that is triangular (5) DELTA

Did you observe, answer to each of the above clues is a Homonym and it is coloured in green. Homonym is a word that has more than one meaning. Two meanings for each of these words are found in their respective clues and they are coloured red.


Cryptic Clues posted here are a part of "Play with Words" section in this blog. Few other sections that I've created in this blog include "Nostalgia" "Mangala's Potluck" "My Paintings"  Poems, Creative Writing etc.

To read my first post in this blog, click "My First Post"

Feel free to read about me at "Hey....Meet Me!"

Have you read my article Lazing around with English ? If not, please read.

Also read A Word about Crossword Puzzles and Structure of a Crossword Puzzle

No comments:

Post a Comment