Monday 18 March 2019

Poem #25: Cool Coloured Chequered Challenge (4Cs that I didn't foresee)



This poem expresses, albeit in lighter vein, my feelings while sketching the portrait of my mentor Sri Sheshadri Mokshagundam. The portrait and this poem are my gifts to him for his 70th Birthday.

Uffh….whatta challenging reference pic it was Sir…for sketching your portrait!
I had to dig deep into myself, to find
Do I really have those traits to sketch this portrait?
Sri Sheshadri Mokshagundam
Right from the top….
What with those weeny tiny streaks of hair
Stranding around in the air
To get them non- straight yet look right
I had to break my head to use that arty might

How I wish that “Young at 70, spirits aplenty” you
Had a face rid of wrinkles like a boy of twenty
Surely shrunk would have been, all my struggles
What challenged me most amidst this colouring wriggle
To get that mystical twinkle
Was to penetrate beneath your goldie specs
And into the eyes to sketch those two tiny specks

Wonder why you had to stray away
From your standard simple shirt style…Y Sir Y?  (For me to sketch, it felt like falling of the sky!)
Why slip into a cool blue one hued with sorts
Of purple, pink and red
That too so complexly checkered (which made me dread)
Only to check my sketch
And sign it off saying….
“Oh so Cool and sooo well Coloured, but why all Chequered” ??           LoL !!

Poem penned by me Mangala Madhuchand




4 comments:

  1. Yet another amazingly penned poem!
    Uff! Just look at the flow of words and emotions.
    No gift will ever match your gifts ever-
    Be it-the words that just flow while you write or the hands that just move magically while you draw.
    In awe of You. 👏👏👏🙏🙏🙏👍👍💕😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow....it's just awesome mam...fell in love with your poem and sketch..

    ReplyDelete