Tuesday 15 January 2019

One Day during my PU Tenure



What a refreshing change it was that day when our English class strayed away from it's standard style and turned into a Quiz Hour. All about GK. Scores of questions, many simple ones were shot to us. Each of us students were eager to be the first ones to scream the answer for many a query with decibel levels that can easily be described as “Pretty Noisy”. Amidst them all, there was one question that silenced the whole class for close to a minute. I don’t remember the exact question. I can relate a simili but let me not, no need. Slowly one arm shot up to disrupt the din. Out popped the answer… ACRONYM ! Applause from all. It was the right answer.

  • Acronym…..Acronym….Acronym……hovered over my head. Returned home. Asked the same question to my siblings.  Instant answer….ACRONYM. "You see, only one student in the entire class knew the answer. How do you guys get to know all these?" I asked my siblings. “A million ways….but for us it’s generally through newspapers, magazines and crossword puzzles” they  answered . Ha…crossword puzzles… this got hooked to me. There onwards my journey began. One day, without my own knowledge a write up emerged describing this journey. Read my own writing. I was pleasantly surprised. Realised  it was worthy of being published. Thus was born "Wow" an article (published in Deccan Herald)  that traces my journey through English language and thereafter along the way, led to creation of Cryptic Clues, Crossword Puzzles (Easy and Cryptic)  and more. The journey finally reached its desired destination www.mangalaspotpourri.blogspot.com

How Just One Day. One Moment. One Person (who stands tall to this day) can be instrumental  in charting the course of another person’s life journey. Take a bow… Jayant Haritsa

Jayant Haritsa
My portrait (charcoal sketch) of Jayant can be viewed @ http://mangalaspotpourri.blogspot.com/2017/09/portraits-people-my-pick-series.html

No comments:

Post a Comment